Tara and Kate discuss the impact of the Ontario election and give a sneak peak of what’s to come for the pod.
Though what we’re seeing with the Ford government so far is concerning to say the least, there are opportunities to make your voice heard and to make change. The first opportunity is the upcoming municipal elections across Ontario. By voting in your municipality for a city councillor, mayor, and schoolboard trustee that are championing the issues you care about, you can stand up to Doug Ford’s regressive and hurtful policies. This season, we’re talking about what municipal elections are, how to vote in them, and how to figure out who to vote for.
If you like the podcast, please consider contributing any amount to our patreon to help keep the wheels running: https://www.patreon.com/undecidedpod
Resources from our news run-down:
- The difference between cap-and-trade and carbon tax
- Sex ed curriculum roll-back
- Snitch line for teaching
- Indigenous history education cuts
- Basic income pilot cancellation
- One conservative (of a few) who support a basic income
- Ford cutting Toronto city council in half
- Ford challenges feds imposition of carbon tax
- Ontario’s climate moves could equal the pollution from 30 coal-fired plants
- Safe injection site creation pause
- Our education episode from last season